What is Delta-8 THC: Everything You Need to Know
In recent years, scientific studies of the cannabis Sativa plant have unveiled countless new uses and benefits for people to enjoy. From helping to soothe the symptoms of cancer patients to deal with aggressive behavior in dogs, the range of potential applications for cannabis and its derivatives is extraordinarily vast, and it’s all thanks to little compounds called cannabinoids.
Cannabinoids are naturally occurring chemical compounds found inside cannabis plants, with examples including CBD, CBG (Cannabigerol), and one of the most famous examples of all: THC. These cannabinoids can interact with the human body to trigger a range of effects, and one of the more interesting cannabinoids being studied closely at the moment is Delta-8 THC.
What Is Delta-8 THC?
Before we look at the uses of THC Delta-8 and cover some of its different effects, let’s first focus on the simplest question of all: What is Delta-8 THC? In simple terms, it is one of the many chemical constituents of the cannabis Sativa plant. It co-exists with other cannabinoids like Delta-9 THC and cannabidiol.
The full name of this compound is Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol, and as the name implies, it’s a certain kind of THC. It can be found naturally in cannabis plants, or it can be produced and converted outside of the plants using CBD or Delta-9 THC, and it has a lot in common with Delta-9 THC, offering similar health benefits, but with a less severe ‘high’.
If you’re the sort of person who visits a Los Angeles cannabis dispensary for the best weed in California and wants to enjoy all the benefits of cannabis without the high, this cannabis could be the answer.
Delta-8 THC Effects
So what are some of the Delta-8 THC effects that are helping this cannabinoid become so popular all over the world? Well, this type of cannabis is actually capable of triggering a range of positive effects throughout the human body, including the following:
- Pain – One of the best benefits of THC Delta-8 is the fact that it can actually help to alleviate feelings of pain and discomfort. It can be of great benefit, therefore, to people suffering from chronic pain conditions.
- Anxiety – Like other cannabinoids, such as CBD, It has proven effective at reducing levels of stress and anxiety. It can promote feelings of relaxation, positivity, and general well-being in people who may have mental health problems.
- Nausea – There are many reasons why someone might be experiencing feelings of nausea. It’s commonly associated with cancer treatments like radiotherapy, for example, and it can be very unpleasant to deal with, but this form of THC is able to ease the sensation greatly.
- Appetite – Delta-8 THC has also proven effective at improving a person’s appetite. This can be useful in situations where people may have eating disorders or low appetite levels due to feelings of nausea, pain, and discomfort.
- Brain – One study involving Delta-8 THC showed that it may offer neuroprotective properties, helping to increase levels of a chemical called acetylcholine in mice, which could reduce a person’s risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia in later life.
- Tumors – Some studies have even shown that THC Delta-8 may be capable of slowing down or even stopping the growth and spread of tumors. This may mean that it could be a valuable weapon in the battle against cancer.
Reasons to Try Delta-8 THC
Many people are looking for the healthiest way to consume marijuana and might be tempted to give Delta-8 THC a try, but they still often have a lot of questions regarding this cannabinoid. We’ve already answered ‘What is Delta-8 THC?’ So now let’s look at some other key questions and reasons to try it out.
- No High – If you’re wondering “Will it get you high?” then the answer is no. One of the main advantages of this form of THC is that it has far less psychoactive potency than Delta-9 THC, so it’s much easier to take without any high-like feelings.
- Comfortable – People who have consumed this form of THC tend to agree that the general Delta-8 THC feeling is one of relaxation and positivity, without the same psychoactive issues associated with other cannabinoids like fear or paranoia.
- Many Benefits – As explained above when we looked at what is this and what it could do, this cannabinoid is able to offer an extraordinary array of benefits, helping with everything from nausea to pain to stress and more.
What is the Difference Between Delta 8 & Delta 9?
If you’re wondering about ‘Will Delta-8 THC gets you high?’, you might also want to know what is the main difference between Delta-8 and Delta-9.
Well, on a chemical level, both of these forms of THC are quite similar, and they’re able to offer similar benefits too, like easing pain, increasing appetite, and soothing sensations of nausea.
However, the main difference between the two is that Delta-9 is heavily associated with a high sensation and can lead to excess anxiety and paranoia.
Delta-8 is much more gentle on the mind and won’t trigger those same psychoactive effects. This makes it one of the best options for people who want to relax.