This year, as well as being thankful for everything else, you can be thankful for weed, and enjoy this holiday with weed turkey! Marijuana can be used to infuse your Thanksgiving meal with a mellow high. This can be suitable for medical marijuana or for taking it recreationally. It’s a great way to start with edibles for beginners, and the recipes are pretty simple. In this article, we’re sharing the best Thanksgiving recipes for making weed turkey.
So, head to the nearest marijuana dispensary, get yourself your favorite strain of cannabis and get ready to make some edibles that will ensure everyone has a better time this Thanksgiving! It can definitely be a solution to family arguments at this time of the year, just make sure everyone knows there’s cannabis in the turkey. We’ve split it into two parts, a turkey marinade with weed, and gravy with weed. You can use either or both in order to spice up your meal.
Marinade with Cannabis
First up, we need the main ingredient that will be adding marijuana to your marinade; cannabutter. This is cannabis-infused butter. You can’t buy it, at least not easily, so you will need to make it yourself.
The first step is decarbing, if you don’t do this then the cannabis will not be as strong when it is in the butter and can even be a waste.
- Place your cannabis buds in the oven at 250 F on parchment paper and a non-stick tray.
- Heat for around 30 minutes.
- The decarbing is done!
- Grind the weed with a hand grinder.
- Melt 1 cup of butter and add 1 cup of water, simmer together in a stockpot on very low heat.
- The butter will melt.
- Add coarse cannabis that you have ground once it has melted.
- Simmer for a few hours on a low heat of between 150 and 200 F.
- Be careful not to boil at any point.
- You can then use a cheesecloth to strain it into a jar, and voila, you have cannabutter!
- You need to let this cool before you use it.
The marinade should be made by combining ¼ ounce of ground weed, 3-4 tablespoons of cannabutter, some turkey stock (or chicken stock), lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a few cloves of garlic. Add some sage to taste.
This should be enough for a turkey around 10-12 lbs. A lot of it will come down to personal preference. For example, how much sage, salt, and pepper you put in.
To apply the marinade, you should use a couple of different methods for the best results. The turkey should be rubbed down in your marinade well in advance of cooking. This only gets over the surface and skin of the turkey though, so it will give limited results.
For best results, use a syringe to inject the turkey. Use one that has been designed for food use. They’re popular among the grilling and BBQ community.
Gravy with Cannabis
For the best Thanksgiving Day recipe, you can also add weed gravy.
Guess what? You’ll need your cannabutter again. To make your weed gravy follow these steps:
- Melt two tablespoons of Cannabutter over low heat, don’t burn or boil.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Add sage, salt, and pepper to taste and keep over the heat for 5 more minutes.
- Add some flour to thicken the sauce, whisk it for a minute, see if it has thickened and if not, add a little more.
- Whisk in some chicken or turkey stock and keep stirring vigorously.
- Add some vinegar and a sprinkle of rosemary. Keep over low heat for the next 10 minutes or so.
This recipe can be tweaked to your personal preference, but make sure you keep stock in there! Some people forego the onions. Whatever you do, make sure the cannabutter doesn’t get too hot or it can lose its potency.